Value Creation Case Studies
Tranglo Sdn Bhd
- Incorporated in 2009 with headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, and international offices in Indonesia, Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
- Provides the platform for mobile telecommunication companies (Telcos) to facilitate cross border transfer of prepaid credit and money remittance in a fast, easy and secure manner.
- Expanded services to local and international money remittance companies.
- An industry pioneer with a strong track record and longstanding relationships with Malaysian and global Telcos.
- A growing business in cross border mobile money remittance services, which offers significant potential
- Investment type
- Majority investment in a strong Malaysian company
- Acquisition Date
- March 2015
Key Value Creation Metrics
- Pivoting of revenue base from a previously airtime transfer focused business to the higher growth cross border money remittance space
- Actively pursued high volume international money remittance companies to diversify concentration risk
- Repurposed working capital funds into higher yield business, switch from airtime loan to money remittance
- Transformation from white label to private label offering via acquisition of a Malaysian Money Service Business license
- Money remittance volume observed a growth of >20x since acquisition date with over 50% GP contribution to the Company
- Aligned Company’s salary structure to market benchmark
- Improved reconciliation process of inventory balance on supplier and company side through set up of a dedicated team and automation of error identification
- Implementation of Treasury Management System allowing for efficient fund management across more than 100 bank accounts in its respective operating countries
Ekuinas has been very supportive of the Company’s growth initiatives, providing the necessary funding when required to achieve the milestones it has seen to date.
Teo Wei Min
Chief Financial Officer